Padi Open Water Diving Course
The Padi Open Water course is the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course and is your first step to becoming a qualified diver.
- This course will take 3-4 days to complete
- The price of the course includes rental of all equipment required
- 2 x Confined Water Dives & 4 x Open Water Dives
- Dive down to 18 metres (60 feet)
The PADI Open Water Diving course is the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course and is your first step to becoming a qualified diver. PADI Open Water Diving course takes about 3-4 days to complete and the course consists of:
- Theory / Knowledge Development (independent study or in a group) to understand the basic principles of scuba diving
- 2 x Confined Water Dives (either in a pool or safe zone) to practice and learn simple scuba skills
- 4 x Open Water Dives (dive site depends on the daily schedule) to apply your skills and explore the ocean
Yes, The usual arrangement of PADI Open Water course is:
- For the first day to Start with some theory including watching a video and then do an easy first dive.
- The second day is mainly devoted to learning skills in shallow water and finishing off the theory.
- After that its just 3 more dives which takes up the 3rd day and half of the 4th day. So, it all usually takes 3 and a half days. The course does not have a rigid timetable as it is designed around modules. There are 5 modules and as long as the students have mastered one module they can progress to the next. If not the instructor repeats the module. Thus, the duration of a course varies slightly between 3-4 days
- A certified Open Water Diver or higher
- You must be at least 10 years old and if you are under 18, you would require a parent or guardian to sign all paperwork required for the course
- You must be confident in the water and have adequate swimming skills to be able to complete: both a 10-minute floating (or treading water) and 200m swim (or 300m snorkel)
- You will need to complete a short medical questionnaire to ensure you are fit to dive – for more details on this please refer to this
- All diving equipment (tank, mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, and BCD)
- Compass and Dive Tool
- Dive Logbook
- A PADI certification card
- All drivers are eligible for MYR75 room credit to be used for accommodation.
- You will receive a temporary PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Certification Card. The permanent diving license will be mailed to your registered address. Please present this card whenever you plan on diving anywhere and it will never expire
- You will be able to dive to 18m using regular compressed air without an instructor or dive master present (you must be in a group of two or more Open Water certified divers)
- You will be able to take other courses such as the Advanced Open Water or Rescue courses (offered at Ohlala)
Every day, subject to availability
18 metres (60 feet)
- Double Room